Sunday, May 2, 2021

Blog post 10

 The Five Eyes

The five eyes is an organization comprised of the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and the United Kingdom. They would trade many secrets about various topics. We do not know specifically what they talk about other than it is on surveillance and intelligence. We do know that the five eyes operate and staff multiple bases across different countries. Another thing about the five eyes is that they are not governed by anything at all so they are able to say whatever they want to these other countries and nobody can know what they are talking about. For all, we know they could be planning an attack on other countries. The Five eyes have also expanded their eyes to add more countries to their group. However, each set of eyes still meet without the other eyes. The nine eyes added Denmark, France, The Netherlands, and Norway. So what I'm saying is that the original still meet without the nine. After the nine eyes, there were the 14 eyes which added Germany, Belgium, Italy, Spain, and Sweeden. Just like before The 14 eyes cant meet unless the nine eyes are there too. The eyes have expanded to over 41 and you can see the full list at https://privacyinternational.org/learn/five-eyes. While the five eyes are very secretive sometimes leaks will get out. For example, it was recently revealed that New Zealand did not agree with the other four eyes about China's rapid growth and exports. I personally don't find that interesting. What I find more interesting is how did something like this leak? Who told the public? Who did they tell and why? I mean it just doesn't make sense to me. I mean who gets to take place in these meetings? If it's just the government's official leaders then it had to have been one of them right. I don't know man. https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/australianz/australia-new-zealand-disagree-over-role-of-five-eyes-intelligence-pact-as-china. Australia also wanted the Five Eyes to expand its economic growth to China. I am not sure what else the Five Eyes talk about because they are very secretive about what they talk about. Some of the government officials were even joking calling it the four eyes. Japan is one of the tier B countries and Japan’s government official said that he would like to see more inclusion of China in the Five Eyes. I find that this is honestly scary. I know pretty much everything is imported from China but still, it seems like China still has things that they are not telling us. It’s not that I think we are enemies with China I just don’t think they should be considered one of our closest allies. I mean not even the general public knows what the five eyes are talking about why should we trust a communist country? That’s just my take on it. I do not know a lot about politics nor do I follow them I just am speaking what sounds logistic to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Presentation

 Ferris's Relationship with Technology     Considering I am a Game Design major I would say that technology is going to play a huge part...