Saturday, April 17, 2021

Blog post 4: 6 Freedoms of the 1st amendment

Is Twitter breaking the first amendment?


As you may have already heard President Trump was banned on Twitter. A lot of people thought that this was against the first amendment and our freedom of speech. Well, we may be allowed to say whatever we want but Twitter is a company and they are allowed to censor whatever they want. I know it may not be fair as it is an easy way to mass communicate with the country but its the truth of the matter. But banning the President of a country is a big deal. I don't think that has ever happened before and it really caused a lot of drama and political havoc. I mean it makes sense that they are allowed to. You are using their platform and agreed to their terms of service. As an average American, you probably don't need to worry too much about the terms of service. But if you are famous and have millions of people following you it is important to not break the rules. Everyone is watching you and people are gonna do everything they can to bring you down. Now I think that while technically twitter is allowed to ban him, he is allowed to say whatever he wants and should not be in trouble with the law. I don't think it's cool as a big company to play a role in the political war. I think that Twitter should just stay out of it and let people say what they want to say. I don't like that they clearly have a bias towards specific political parties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Presentation

 Ferris's Relationship with Technology     Considering I am a Game Design major I would say that technology is going to play a huge part...